MetFilm School is a leading film, television, and online media school offering undergraduate, postgraduate, and short courses across various craft areas. The School has campuses in London, within the famous Ealing Studios, in Berlin at BUFA Studios, and in Leeds at Prime Studios.
Our students are taught by industry practitioners and educators with award-winning experience, as well as holding memberships across leading external organisations such as BAFTA and the British Society of Cinematographers.
Our graduates have gone on to work for HBO, BBC, Disney, Netflix, and more, earning credits on productions from 1917 and Skyfall, to Stranger Things and Game of Thrones.
What Makes us Different?
- Study in a Creative Environment: by being based in working film studios, our students are totally immersed in the industry from their first day on campus.
- Learn by Doing: from participating in workshops and attending Masterclasses, to working within the screen industries, turn your knowledge into practical experience.
- Career Support: we are the first film school in the UK to have an employment support team, MetFilm Futures, which connects students and graduates to opportunities within the screen industries.
A Bridge to Industry
We inspire students by showing you how your learning is informed by industry practice, and by bringing industry into the learning space.
The School holds key partnerships with companies including the BFI, MUBI, Adobe, and Procam Take 2, Europe’s leading facilities giant. We also bring industry partners in to inform on key modules. From this, our students have produced content for Twitter, Karmarama, VidCon, and MTV.
What do our students say?
‘Being at MetFilm School has given me the opportunity to try so many other roles that I usually wouldn’t be brave enough to explore. It’s given me a much greater understanding and appreciation of how important every role is, and how everything slots into one whole, creative, cohesive vision.’ – Olivia Maiden, BA Screen Acting. While in her final year at MetFilm School, Olivia was cast in the upcoming feature film from legendary director Ridley Scott, Napoleon
‘In a way, it’s as though when we made our films at MetFilm School, we were riding bikes with stabilisers on – now, we just have to take the stabilisers off, rather than learn to ride the bike from scratch.’ – Anna Cottrill, BA Practical Filmmaking. Since graduating, Anna Cottrill and three fellow BA Practical Filmmaking graduates founded production company Parakeet Media.
Visit us at an upcoming Open Day
- London Undergraduate Open Day – Saturday 10 June 2023
- London Summer Open Day – Saturday 15 July 2023
Book your place: www.metfilmschool/events